We did the following tests:
• We started with non fatigue tests first such as height, weight and flexibility tests
• We then did a functional movement screen consisting of overhead squat, back squat, single leg squat, and 80cm hop on one leg that (We filmed all these movements)
• We then did 10 and 30 metre sprints (walk in start with time gates)
• The next was countermovement jumps and squat jumps on a forceplate
• We then did a pro agility test through time gates
• Before we finished off with the lovely Bleep Test (Believe me I have suffered through this test numerous times when playing football and handball and know it can be a killer, so well done boys!)
Considering this was quite a lot to get through with two squads in the time we had available I think it was a really good experience. I have been involved with this kind of testing before, but not with this many players at the same time. It was really interesting and I found it useful as we had to be very structured as we didn't have many seconds to waste. Looking forward to get started with the coaching and get to know the players now.
Have a good weekend everyone!