YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE - MAKE THE MOST OF IT!

Monday 1 November 2010

Bristol Rovers Internship

I recently applied for an internship with Bristol Rovers Football Club as S&C coach for their 9-16 year olds players. I was selected to have a phone interview last Friday which I thought was a bit of a challenge. I got asked questions from two experienced men and it wasn't just easy to think and try to give good answers under pressure. So after the interview on Friday I was a bit disappointed as I didn't think I gave a very good impression over the phone.I thought to myself  that I wouldn't hear anything back from them and was a bit annoyed with myself for not being able to give better answers...

However I guess my instict was wrong as I suddenly got a nice phonecall from Lee Southernwood (Fitness Coach for Bristol Rovers) who offered me the position and said he was really impressed with my interview. Great news! Maybe it is true that girls are a bit too critical sometimes:) They have also given the position to another guy, which means we will work as a team to try and develop their 9-16 year olds players. I think it is a great opportunity as I have always been really interested and passionate about football, and I am hoping to be able to transfer some of the knowledge and experience I have with football to the younger players.

This is a great picture from one of our yearly training camps to Spain with the team I used to play for in Norway (Klepp). We used to have a lot of fun between sessions!! Lets hope I will be able to spread some positive attributes to the young players at Bristol Rovers:)

MoTo:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Monica,and good luck in Bristol:)

said...

Haha, det var alltid så kjekt i La Manga! :) Kom tilbake som spiller/fysio så kan vi fortsette moroa på treningsleirer ol! :)

Monica Torland said...

Hehe ikkje sant:) D va kongetie når me va den goe gjengen vår i La Manga:)