YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE - MAKE THE MOST OF IT!

Monday 31 January 2011

Celtic Cup 2011

This weekend I was lucky to be selected to be a part of the Welsh team to provide sports massage to the Welsh athletes at the Celtic Cup at NIAC (National Indoor Athletic Centre). On Saturday I went to Park Inn Hotel in Cardiff where I met the athletes and staff for the first time. We had a nice meeting about the day ahead and went for some dinner afterwards. It was nice to meet everyone and I looked forward to getting started on Sunday.

On Sunday I went to NIAC for 10 am. I work alongside another masseur called Jonny Lodowski. The English team’s physiotherapist and the Scottish team’s soft tissue therapist were also based next to where we were so it was an interesting day where I got to speak to some knowledgeable people. Since I was part of the Welsh team this weekend that meant it was a lot quieter for us compared to the previous events I have done recently, but I still managed to help a few athletes. It was still a good experience where I got to meet a lot of nice people.

Of course I need to say that the Welsh team won the first overall title at senior level  which was great! Well done everyone! You can read more about the cup here:

And here is a nice picture of the team including staff


In summary I think I can say Good Job (with american accent) which was a phrase that was heard often during the day on Sunday:)

No comments: