YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE - MAKE THE MOST OF IT!

Monday 27 June 2011

A little update from Cardiff

The last few weeks have been quite busy, but I was lucky to be able to go home to Norway for a little 6 day break as one of my friends from home was getting married. It was a great wedding, nice to see all my friends and family and have a little break from the daily routines. I came back to the UK late Tuesday night where my friend Oda came to meet me at the airport and drove back to Cardiff with me, very nice with some company in the car! Oda stayed to Saturday morning, but as I was working every night Oda had to come with me to work every night, what a nice friend!! (Don't worry, she knew I was working so she had the option:)
Oda:)
On the Wednesday night I went to Swansea to work for the Welsh team. The event was between Wales U23 vs Welsh Schools vs SW England U23 vs Harvard & Yale. Definetely the first time I have met anyone from the famous Universities Harvard and Yale, it was a good event on a nice stadium. Oda did a good job being the photographer and she loved the americans!:)
Someone seems to enjoy the event:)

On Thursday and Friday night I was working in the gym, and since Oda had to come with me I thought it was just fair to give her a tough gym session to show her how I do it here in Cardiff! Oda worked hard, but as Oda like to talk more than the average person I found it amusing and funny every time she said: “You are a tough coach Monica with a serious grin on her face” :)Well done Oda, you did a great job!
You seem to be enjoying the side plank?:)

I take it you are closing your eyes cause you are concentrating hard on the split lunge:)

 Even though I spent a lot of the time working, we managed to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing, shopping and a walking trip to show Oda some of the nice views of Cardiff.


First a drink in town
Then a stop outside the castle
   
 
   
On Saturday and Sunday I have been working at the U20/U23 European Trials in Bedford. We had a few very good results which is great! Well done guys and good luck in the Europeans!

6 comments:

Kine said...

It was so nice seeing you again Monica :)

Monica Torland said...

Nice ot see you too,as always:) Only a short visit, but will hopefully see you again in August:)

Anonymous said...

Haha you are a good writer Monica. I laugh out loud with this phrase “Oda like to talk more than the average person I found it amusing and funny every time she said: “You are a tough coach Monica with a serious grin on her face” :)”. But yes you are though and good coach Monica. I really recommend you to anyone :). It was really great to see you and Will again. Thank you for letting me stay in the house and showing me around xx

Anonymous said...

Not anonymous - My name is Oda :)

Monica Torland said...

Thanks Oda, glad you enjoyed it! If only you lived here in Cardiff I could train you every week:)

Anonymous said...

Innom for å si - fortsatt god sommer!