YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE - MAKE THE MOST OF IT!

Thursday 6 October 2011

Lunch suggestion – Chicken and Egg Salad

As my friends and family probably know I am far from Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen. However as I moved out from mum and dad nest, and was unable to be spoiled with my mum’s lovely cooking I realised I had to start making an effort in the kitchen unless I wanted to live on spaghetti, mince and ketchup for the rest of my life! That was actually my “favourite” dish through my University life, and I know Will was pretty unimpressed the first time we had a meal together and I cooked my speciality for him! I still don’t understand why?:)

Anyway today I decided to mix together an easy Chicken and Egg Salad which is easy to prepare and takes hardly any time at all. The only things needed for 1 person are:
• A handful of lettuce
• 2-3 small cooked chicken fillets (I used Piri, Piri Chicken)

• ½ pepper

• 2 cooked eggs

• ¼ cucumber

• (I would have used sweetcorn as well, but realised after I started preparing it that I didn’t have any left)

This is how I did it:

1. Before you start chopping the vegetables, boil the eggs for 7-8 minutes (but this depends how hard you want them).

2. Whilst the eggs are boiling clean lettuce, pepper and cumber under water and chop the vegetables and chicken into small bits and mix together

3. Once the eggs are boiled, put them under cold water and peel off the skin. Cut the eggs into small pieces and mix with the rest of the salad

MMMM:)
Voila! Bon Appetit! Try it on day and see what you think:)

No comments: